Ping BTFB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
YorkshireGoth has had near miss with a Sainsburys wagon. Didn't you have one also? How did you get on with your complaint?

Bigtallfatbloke

Sorry to hear that I hope all is reasonably ok.

I was knocked over by a large lorry with an M&S Container. It cut me up while overtaking me and he said that he had to hit me in order to avoid a head on smash with a car coming the other way...even though he was on the wrong side of the road...moron....anyway I reported it all to the police. I had written his number down when he stopped. Th epolice were friendly enough about it but couldnt do anything because thankfully I was not badly hurt and the bike wasnt even scratched. They said they would keep the report on file.

The important info to give the police on their accident form is Reg number, place date, time etc...details of the accident, weather and road conditions etc....but you need to have exchanged details with the driver as well...anyway they will guide you on that.

Turns out my driover was contracted by M&S as they dont have their own lorries so M&S didnt even reply to my letter to them...I suffered no loss so all i wanted to do really was make a point and hopefully make this particular peasant think twice next time he decides to mow down a mere cyclist.

Abitrary

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I suffered no loss so all i wanted to do really was make a point and hopefully make this particular peasant think twice next time he decides to mow down a mere cyclist.

To be honest BTFB, I think you brought this on yourself as a sort of self fulfilling prophecy to do with your hatred for motorists.

Hatred is not good, on roads, towards folk singers who's music you might not have heard... or indeed anyone.

Think about these words tonite:

If today was not an endless highway,
If tonight was not a crooked trail,

Noodley

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Sorry to hear that I hope all is reasonably ok.

I was knocked over by a large lorry with an M&S Container. It cut me up while overtaking me and he said that he had to hit me in order to avoid a head on smash with a car coming the other way...even though he was on the wrong side of the road...moron....anyway I reported it all to the police. I had written his number down when he stopped. Th epolice were friendly enough about it but couldnt do anything because thankfully I was not badly hurt and the bike wasnt even scratched. They said they would keep the report on file.

The important info to give the police on their accident form is Reg number, place date, time etc...details of the accident, weather and road conditions etc....but you need to have exchanged details with the driver as well...anyway they will guide you on that.

Turns out my driover was contracted by M&S as they dont have their own lorries so M&S didnt even reply to my letter to them...I suffered no loss so all i wanted to do really was make a point and hopefully make this particular peasant think twice next time he decides to mow down a mere cyclist.

Drivers have to provide certain information if they, due to their presecence on the road, cause damage or injury to "....can't be arsed being exact but it includes 'others'..."

Including details of driver, registered keeper, etc..

Top Bottom