Ping Hilldodger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What do you think of those retro Pashley bicycles like the Guvnor? Do you like them, or are they anachronistic?

imgGuvnorMain_03.jpg

guvnor

I like them but they're very expensive. Not sure about drum brakes, though.

Cyclemagic will be launching it's own verson next month called the Peregrine by the Leicester Cycle Co. CM is on the site of the old company from the 1890's and when people buy the bike they also get copies of old adverts and stuff. Far more exclusve:biggrin:

Bikes will be priced between £500 - £600

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Hilldodger said:
I like them but they're very expensive. Not sure about drum brakes, though.

Cyclemagic will be launching it's own verson next month called the Peregrine by the Leicester Cycle Co. CM is on the site of the old company from the 1890's and when people buy the bike they also get copies of old adverts and stuff. Far more exclusve:biggrin:

Bikes will be priced between £500 - £600

Any pics?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Pashley seem to have a thing for drum brakes. I expect the original brakes wouldn't be considered adequate these days. I suppose they would either be rod brake which pulled the brakes shoes under the wheel rim, or a block that pushed down onto the tyre from above. The pricyness, as a proportion of income might be authentic though. My grandad fell out with one of his brothers who took his bike and sold it so he could go to France. I don't think he ever forgave him.

Top Bottom