Planet x bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thinking of buying a Planet X RT-58 Aluminium bike. Will have to buy it online and just wondering about sizes. I'm 5'8" and have an inside leg of 29". I've got another bike which is 54cm but have always thought that it was slightly too big. Planet X sizing guidelines say that I should go for the 54cm. Anyone got one and can give advice please?

Thanks in advance!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I used their guide when I bought a bike from them, worked out fine for me.

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Thanks screenman...Is it better to have a bike slightly too small or too big??? I know that I should try it but its a major trek to the store and want to buy online!

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Just looked at that and the obvious answer is the correct size in the first place!!!! Advice is still needed though!

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not phone them and ask for their advice. Just avoid the weekend :smile: I am 5'10, 33" inside leg, ride 54s with a 100cm stem. I'd say a 54cm is a size too big for you

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Thanks vickster...that was my feeling as well. As an aside...I'm feeling really nervous as this is a definite +1 and I'm having it delivered to work instead of home (is that like an affair in the cycling world...as I don't want my wife to find out!!!...I know that is sooooooooooooo bad but I'm working my ass off and have just got a promotion)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have just been to Planet X and have ordered a Carbon jobbie in size Large. I tried the Medium but it just felt titchy to me. I am 5'8" too. I think that the Large is a 52 though and the medium a 48. We live in Norfolk and felt that it was well worth the trip up to test ride and then discuss the whole stem length, bar width thing with them.

pclay

Veteran
is it possible to go to Sheffield for the day?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks vickster...that was my feeling as well. As an aside...I'm feeling really nervous as this is a definite +1 and I'm having it delivered to work instead of home (is that like an affair in the cycling world...as I don't want my wife to find out!!!...I know that is sooooooooooooo bad but I'm working my ass off and have just got a promotion)

2 questions how & why

Top Bottom