planet x kaffenback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
got this yesterday. really like the frame......shame about the rest. not there's anything wrong with any of the parts in their own right, just not sure it all looks quite right when put together. there is a lot of black there, which i'd rather was silver. the tops of the bars are as wide as ya arm and just look odd, some comfort thing or other so they say.....ummm, they will be first to go. the 105 all in one brake/shifter efforts just feel very flimsy, might get used to them. anyway this is it....xx(

cheers, velocidad.

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

yenrod

What size is this :wacko:

And what are the dimensions.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Give it a chance Velocidad - everyone I know who's built up one of these loves it to pieces... Although maybe it does need brown leather tape and a "natural" charge spoon or similar...

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
John the Monkey said:
Give it a chance Velocidad - everyone I know who's built up one of these loves it to pieces... Although maybe it does need brown leather tape and a "natural" charge spoon or similar...

just what i thought, think it will be just fine with a few tweaks :birthday:

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
well my new kaffenback was given the biggest insult by my mother. she looks at it for a while and then says "reminds me of butterscotch instant whip" :-(
she did upgrade it to creme brulee though, which i can live with ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
it rides really nice. just like my pompino (same frame really, except for the dropouts), which i've always thought was a great bike to ride, just seems to go, with very little effort. very versatile too, with rack/mudguard mounts.

cheers,
velocidad.

jpembroke

I also miss my Pompino. Should never have sold that either. Lovely bike.

I'm an idiot.

Enjoy the Kaff and the Pomp - You lucky person!