Planet X Open House

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Details here.

Thinking about going to get my new cyclo-cross bike / gravel bike. Problem is that the distance is too far to drive and back on one battery, and no convenient charging nearby. Normally I would go by train, but if I do buy a bike, I have to get it back home again.

Anyone else thinking of going?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Details here.

Thinking about going to get my new cyclo-cross bike / gravel bike. Problem is that the distance is too far to drive and back on one battery, and no convenient charging nearby. Normally I would go by train, but if I do buy a bike, I have to get it back home again.

Sounds like you need a real car ! Not going as I'll spend too much, and it's not too far from me, just over a big hill.

Jody

Stubborn git
They've moved since I last went but still aren't too far from the train station.

Can they not ship it for a small fee if you bought anything?

Ask them nicely and I bet they would do you a deal.

vickster

Legendary Member
They've moved since I last went but still aren't too far from the train station.

Can they not ship it for a small fee if you bought anything?

Ask them nicely and I bet they would do you a deal.

Think they charge £30 for delivery

vickster

Legendary Member
Details here.

Wouldn't there be a petrol station or similar with chargers for a top up somewhere nearby?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Wouldn't there be a petrol station or similar with chargers for a top up somewhere nearby?

Our car isn't that great for charging. It only has a type 2 connector, and can't charge any faster than 22kW, which means that I need a good hour or so to charge. Which would be ideal if there was one close to the Planet X warehouse, but the nearest one is pretty much in Rotherham town centre.

Most cars can charge a lot quicker than that, but this is a flaw of the model we chose. Second hand and within the budget restricted us from finding anything that could charge faster.

Our car isn't that great for charging. It only has a type 2 connector, and can't charge any faster than 22kW, which means that I need a good hour or so to charge. Which would be ideal if there was one close to the Planet X warehouse, but the nearest one is pretty much in Rotherham town centre.

Most cars can charge a lot quicker than that, but this is a flaw of the model we chose. Second hand and within the budget restricted us from finding anything that could charge faster.

Filtering on type 2 and 22kw seems to show quite a few charging points?

Not looked closer but seems ok ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-14-18-58-06-56_0307b0bcda5acb6cf1c200481410f417.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-14-18-58-06-56_0307b0bcda5acb6cf1c200481410f417.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom