Planet X (Thomson Elite seat post)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

I had been looking at lots of seatposts recently. I originally wanted carbon, but I had been put off by the weight of some, and also my own doubts due to my weight (95 kilos) bouncing on carbon is bound to find any defects, and I really didnt want that to happen 40 miles from home!

Any-hoo, I got to reading about Thomson seatposts and they seemed to get lots of praise so I set about finding the cheapest supplier. Ribble were equal lowest, but out of stock. So, Planet X get the order.
I put the order in just before dinner time yesterday (Friday), expecting it on Monday or Tuesday. The postman was knocking the door at 8.45 today (Saturday). I didnt pay extra for priority dispatch - so I think thats pretty special and well worth a mention!

I havent fitted the seatpost yet, but it does look like a quality bit of kit. You could say its a masterpiece (but its not, its the Elite!)

jackthelad

I have been watching the thomsom elite seatposts on ebay,but for what they go for you, you are probably just as well buying brand new,and I recon planet x are doing them for £50, a good price,
on ebay they where going for silly money

Top Bottom