Playing the stupid office politics game

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

can get you sacked. So be warned!

Met a mate earlier for a coffee and he was 5 mins late.

He had met a guy in the street who worked with him a few months ago. He said that this guy had been contracting with his company in IT and was really good and a really top guy but there were no permanent jobs. He went looking and had ended up with a really good permanent job in Germany.

Anyway he's talking to him and just saying is this you back for a wee visit then and he say's no I'm going to see some agencies as I got sacked.

Works out that he was playing the first in the office and last to leave game to show he was keen and when it came to his 3 month probation meeting they sacked him because he obviously couldn't do the job he was required to do in the alloted time as the previous 2 people had no problem :smile:

What an idiot!

Maz

Guru
I think half the subbies in our office play that game -- only they seem to get away with it!

yello

I used to get in late and leave early... so much so that I'd often pass myself in reception leaving.

I had what is called an attitude problem... oh yes indeed. Competent at the job just a pain in the arse employee. In total honesty, I'd neither employ nor rely on me.

Top Bottom