Pleasant jaunt to Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Myself and my colleague had a run from Peterborough to Cambridge today, partly just to do it and partly to try out his nice new Spesh Roubaix Comp. We had a head and quartering-headwind all the way (typically) but enjoyed it all the same. Some sections were dull as ditchwater, namely Whittlesey to Ramsey and the last mile of the Earith to Willingham stretch, both of which were as straight as a very straight thing. Other sections offered more variety, with some rises and falls to contend with too :ohmy:
Cambridge though, what a revelation. I saw more bikes in ten minutes than I think I've seen in Peterborough for the last two years. And the Cycle parking in Park St Car park, with a bike clinic adjacent no less. My gob was well and truly smacked!!
The only slight disappoinment of the day was the stupidly legroom-free seats I'd booked for the return train journey, the utterly crap facility for taking a bike on a train and the blummin' drizzle on the way home. I do, however, think we'll do it again next year once the weather improves :smile:

roubaix murry

Worth all that slog into the wind for the Pasty's me thinks!!!!
Ps There was loads of room for normal sized people on train :tongue: but agree with you any more than 3 bikes on that train and not sure what we would of done.

Top Bottom