Please help! Can you help me with brand and age of this nice vintage bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bike-pete

Hi community,

I got a nice bike from my father but I don't know anything about it. I might be German but I'm not sure and it is written "Ettape" and "Kriterium" on the frame.
I would really like to know the brand and the age of the bike? Any ideas?
Thank you!
Pete
20230605_082736.jpg

20230605_183804.jpg

20230605_183812.jpg

20230605_183820.jpg

20230605_183825.jpg

20230605_183829.jpg

20230605_183833.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Welcome @bike-pete and that's a nice find indeed.
Kriterium spelt interestingly and should be a good clue as presume that is the model name .
You don't put Dura ace and chrome dropouts on a cheap frame

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's a very nice high quality bike , almost certainly German.
Maybe some members there could give you some info. @Andy in Germany might be able to help.
As for age that's a Dura Ace 7400 series derailleur and group set which ran from 1984 - 1995. Dura Ace is Shimano’s top tier components set.

Last edited:
Hi and :welcome: .
That looks like a nice bike .
As has been said we don't have much of a clue to it's make. Could we have a side on picture as the one you have posted is on a bit of an angle ?

Good morning,

Given the lack of head tube badge/transfer as well as a lack of name on the downtube or seat tube makes me think that some owner has tried to either anonymise the frame or had a cheap 'n' cheerful respray done and used whatever decals were available.

Campag rear end and no mudguard eyes at the front suggest not cheap, but also well within the norm for a slightly more exclusive Raleigh or similar.

A picture of the serial number on the bottom bracket and a clearer view of the Reynolds (?) sticker at the of the seat tube might be informative.

Bye

Ian

midlife

Guru
Certainly a nice frame, reprofiled portacatena dropouts in chrome look very classy, more pics of the lugs, bb and seat cluster might help.

Nice touch with the stop on the chainstay in chrome.

Design, dropouts, fork crown, over bb guides put it into the 80's or maybe right at the end of the 70's

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bike-pete

Thank you for your help so far! Thanks a lot!
I will try to come back with better pictures!
Pete

Top Bottom