Please help Identify and value Trek road bike. OCLV 120 Chirs King

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blueye7

No idea of the age but it has very little wear on it. I suspect that it was not ridden much at all. I'm selling this for the family of my deceased friend.
20220107_120035.jpg
20220107_120117.jpg
20220107_120125.jpg
20220107_120055.jpg
20220107_120100.jpg

Attachments

• 20220107_120055.jpg
    20220107_120055.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 16

Sharky

Guru
Looks nice, but can't help with the valuation. However, if you are going to post pictures with any adds, please raise the saddle so it is at least the same height as the bars. It just looks strange with a low saddle.

Good luck with selling, somebody will get a bargain.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's a Madone from the mid 2000s, maybe 2005, it's got different wheels, forks and stem from original but it's a quality bike and frame that'll certainly be of interest to roadies. I'm not sure of exact value but it's worth a bit if in good condition, around £400 at a rough guess.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Have a look on eBay. That’s what I’ve done and there’s a very similar one on there up for £250 with one bid.
The replacement fork will detract from its value . Around £300 would seem realistic. Quite desirable despite its age.
You need to give the frame size, that’s the measurement from the crank centre to the top of the seat tube.
After a few more posts you could advertise it on here for free. Whereabouts are you?

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
damage to the frame on the downtube is sending a red flag to me regards the overall value

EDIT
looks like just paint chip on closer inspection

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I personally can’t see that selling for more than a couple of hundred. You may get more in April than January though

figbat

Slippery scientist
If the decals are to be believed the fork came off a better bike, and the wheels are half-decent.

It does look like it’s not in the UK though, going by the plug socket and it’s cabled up as left-hand drive. Local market forces may be different.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Unfortunately bikes are a bit like cameras. Old metal-built ones (steel, in the case of bikes) become "collectable" but newer ones made from modern materials just depreciate.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
or do the paint "chip" / damage and replacement fork scream crash damage?

It does have decent, if old , wheels / components on it though. Chris King headset, ksyriums, dura-ace group set etc

Top Bottom