Please recommend a pair of winter padded tights

• Thread starter Deleted member 121159
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My three rideable bikes are very different - road bike, hybrid and vintage steel MTB, but the distance between the BB and the saddle, and the saddle nose and the bars are near enough identical on all of them.

I ride mostly unpadded without any soreness, albeit shorter distances, but the combo of right set-up and right saddle really does count for a lot. :smile:

Tinkering with the set-up is the cheapest thing to try, so makes sense to give it a whirl. Ideally, weight distribution should be even across all contact points - if it's not, that's a good indication that something isn't right.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

My three rideable bikes are very different - road bike, hybrid and vintage steel MTB, but the distance between the BB and the saddle, and the saddle nose and the bars are near enough identical on all of them.

I ride mostly unpadded without any soreness, albeit shorter distances, but the combo of right set-up and right saddle really does count for a lot. :smile:

Tinkering with the set-up is the cheapest thing to try, so makes sense to give it a whirl. Ideally, weight distribution should be even across all contact points - if it's not, that's a good indication that something isn't right.

I'll try tinkering with the tilt so there's a bit more weight going to my hands to take some pressure off my backside. Maybe raise the seatpost a teeny bit as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

When you say you changed from drop to flat, do you mean on the same bike? That can lead to a whole new world of mis-alignment in its own right.
Because of my odd body shape, and the fact that the bike in question was on the very edge of being too big, I got away with this, but it usually means a new bike.

No, I changed bike after experimenting with shorter stems on the original drop bar bike. Very happy with the change!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

Fair enough, the usual answer. I was lucky to be able to convert my Scott to flats (and nice low gearing) without many issues.
Yeh gimme super-super-compact-triple any time haha. No, mine's still a double (11s GRX) but I'm loving the 46-30 crankset. I wouldn't even mind 44-28 with 11-34 at the back. Cycle slow cycle happy.

Yeh gimme super-super-compact-triple any time haha. No, mine's still a double (11s GRX) but I'm loving the 46-30 crankset. I wouldn't even mind 44-28 with 11-34 at the back. Cycle slow cycle happy.
Around here, you need low! The Scott has 50-39-30t running to 11-34t 8-speed, the 1980s Revell mixte has 50-36t running to 12-36t 9-speed. For some of my rides, which would likely challenge few on here, it's not low enough...
:biggrin:

Top Bottom