Plymouth LBS request

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
So what is the explanatation of nil response
  • no local forumites
  • no LBS that is trust worthy?

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Dayvo, thanks for the link - can I take it that you have experience and are recommending bike cellar?.

As for googling myself - the point of the OP was to solicit informed advice. It goes without saying that any one can put up a nice looking website but as is often reported on this forum there are many unskilled people out there exploiting the cycling boom.

Fair point, gbs! I wasn't being glib.

I would have recommended Bike Shed in Exeter, which I have had good dealings with in the past, but they are too far away from your son. I mentioned bike shops in Plymouth to them before and they suggested Bike Cellar was a good shop and had a reliable workshop. This was a few years ago, but I can't imagine things would have changed: it's still owned and run by the same people.

Or, if your son is that way inclined, he could try and have a go at servicing the bike himself, or am I correct in assuming he's at uni there, and hasn't got the time to do that kind of thing! :smile:

There are planty of maintenance manuals to guide you or, even better, there are excellent videos on youtube for all manners of repairs and maintenance.

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Dayvo, your surmise is right. He does not have the time - med school, girlfriend, spring sailing series about to begin etc etc, but crucially he does not have space or tools for anything other than the simplest of repairs.

Comment re Exeter is useful - he will return there for his final two years of med school.

Top Bottom