Polar HRM chest strap WEARLINK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Has anyone else had their wearlink giving up the ghost 1/2 the time?
i.e. the communication lost to the monitor.
I am fed up of replacing the battery.
I have cheapo polar strap for over 2 years which is still going strong.. but 1 day soon will die and then it is a disposable item ( I thought the Finns were green?) because the user cannot change the battery.

As matter of interest...has anyone hacked another make of hrm to get it to talk to a Polar?
The cheap Aldi ones dont sadly

Someone was having a go at someone for spending so much money on a mobile phone.. but to be honest.. it is up to the individual.. I am tempted to put a Garmin on the Xmas 2014 wish list

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yes! All the time!

And as its getting colder, am not liking having to re-apply cold water to the sensors! Brrrrrrrr and Grrrrrr!

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Maybe a case of ky jelly and make a beeline for the self serve checkout.. but you can bet your .... "oh sorry dear not gone thru.let me check.. HOW MUCH FOR THE KY JELLY FOR THE GENTLEMAN HERE??"

Fiona N

Veteran
I second the conductive gel as I usually find that the problem isn't the signal to the sensor but the wearlink picking up the heart beat signal. In summer, pre-wetting the electrodes (more tricky with the soft fabric version than with the older plastic versions) and then sweating seems to work fine . But in winter, it's more iffy especially at the beginning of a ride so I use some gel from the physio's to give a good electrical contact (not sure KY will do this).

OP
OP
I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus

Über Member
I suppose the gel is a solution altho a quick check on prices .. from a few quid to something ridiculous in the 20s... but why the wearlink itself is so iffy and the normal plastic polar strap works 100% every time without recourse to anything beforehand is still a mystery to me.

Top Bottom