Policeman on the phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Saw a driver in a small blue car yesterday, behind me at the TL in Bromley. I point out that he's on the phone, at which point he drops the phone, and holds up a blue card. Looks a bit like the back of a debit card, and I get the idea he's trying to tell me he's a rozzer. I did call out a yeah right.

Annoyingly I didn't get it on camera, else I'd have posted it up.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Guy on the 'radar site had the exact same thing happen, except it was a woman. I wonder if they realise that a) its on offence to impersonate a copper and :cheers: Police ID isnt blue from my recollection, its white iirc down here. :becool:

..edit oh and c) its still an offence to use the phone even if you're a copper.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I doubt it is an offence for a copper...in the pursuit of their duties...to use a phone.

they are trained to drive whilst performing other tasks and are probably hopefully better at handling a car than the average member of the public (us)

but a small blue card does not sound like a warrant card, it sounds like a library card...cheeky sod, I may try that one day,

then when I'm arrested for impersonating a copper I shall plead that I was, in actual fact, impersonating a librarian!

the perfect crime!!!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
jonny jeez said:
I doubt it is an offence for a copper...in the pursuit of their duties...to use a phone.

they are trained to drive whilst performing other tasks and are probably hopefully better at handling a car than the average member of the public (us)

but a small blue card does not sound like a warrant card, it sounds like a library card...cheeky sod, I may try that one day,

then when I'm arrested for impersonating a copper I shall plead that I was, in actual fact, impersonating a librarian!

the perfect crime!!!
book 'em danno…

Norm

jonny jeez said:
I walked into my library, cut the bottom from one of the legs of my trousers and handed it over to the librarian. It was a turn up for the books.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Norm said:
I walked into my library, cut the bottom from one of the legs of my trousers and handed it over to the librarian. It was a turn up for the books.
I'm clearly spineless, I'd never dare type such a bad joke on here. :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
jonny jeez said:

the perfect crime!!!

You could be a copper working under cover!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think we had better jacket in.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
jonny jeez said:

the perfect crime!!!

Nope...It is an offence...the only time ANYBODY including the police can use a mobile phone whilst driving is in an emergency if it is NOT safe to stop!

Top Bottom