Polite Idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning I sat behind a van at a crossroads waiting for the lights to change. I was in primary, about 3 meters behind the van...a small hatchback crept into my line of sight on my right side, car straddling the white line. When the car bumper was level with my shin, the window came down.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing?" says the young lady in the car. "Sitting in my lane" says I, "What are you doing?"

"You are making me sit on the wrong side of the line!" was her response! Which of course was replied to with "You should have sat behind me luv"...

"But you are making me..." Lights green and she drives off with comprehension starting to dawn on her face.

The irony is that I sat in the lane beside her for the next 2 miles anyway.
Has made me chuckle all morning so far - 'But you are making me...' LoL.

Didn't you know about cyclists mind control powers....:biggrin::wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Her little brain will hurt for hours trying to work that one out...:biggrin:

It's classic, isn't it - "I'm doing something impatient, which is your fault for being in my way" - not just drivers, it's all over the place - cyclists pushing past to filter up a narrow gap, or swinging round you to sit in front of you at a stop line. And pedestrians elbowing their way up pavements...

When did we all* (except those of use who aren't) get so impatient?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get this quite a lot in London. They try beat you to either the stop light or the car in front then find themselves not being able to make the jump back in. Quite satisfying really.

Top Bottom