POP!!! My Leg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Finally got out this morning on the new Kinesis TK2 that I had built up. Set off at 6.30am. Windy, cold, dark and pretty much dead on the roads. I intended to stay out for as long as possible, see how comfortable it was and see what speeds I could get up to.

This one is slightly lower on the hoods than the Jake. I think it was a good choice to have gel pad put on the bars themselves as it gives me the option of different gloves, or going barehand should I ever need to. The carbon fork and seatpost, mixed with the slightly bigger 28 tyres and SKN saddle seems to absorb the road shock quite well.. though I did hit that stupid bl**dy pothole again on Abbey Hill and had to stop and check the bike over. Luckily all seems fine.

Might have to adjust one of the front pads as when I brake I'm getting a "phutting" sound when I slow. Brakes, shimano 650s, are REALLY powerful, I had to relearn how to stop safely compared to the Jake.

The only other downside I had was as I approached Portsmouth Road and was begining to suffer from kind of twinge in my right-side of the groin. I began thinking "this is hurting, should I keep on or head home?" But what made up my mind was as I drew up to the junction I felt it pop! :ohmy: Time to head home. Had a little stretch when I got back and dont feel anything untoward right now.

EDIT: no video of the bike, but a quick run down of whats on it -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYjvghvgYY

Top Bottom