!!!POP!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

I was drwaing up to some lights this morning easing on the brakes when POP the front deflated rapidly.

No problem, I thought, I've got a spare tube etc in the sack and the weathers good.

I QR the wheel, check the tyre and it seems ok, replace the tube, pump up and return to the forks. Before I'm even on the bike, POP again.

No problem, I thought, I've got a repair kit in the sack but I must check the tyre more carefully.

Wheel off, check the tyre again and all seems ok. Try to inflate the tube to find the puncture. No inflation so I look for the puncture, find a 1cm gash in the tube. recheck ther tyre, a 1cm gash in the wall of the tyre just by the beading. Bugger!

Fortunately, I was 10mins walk from an Halfords although i had to wait half an hour for it to open and buy a new tyre. Used the time well, repaired both tubes while waiting.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
being a lazy bugger I should remember this, people repair tubes. When I get punctures I'll save up the old tubes and offer them, unrepaired, FOC to folks.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Agggh, i've been visited twice this week by the fairy! Last night was bad though as I thought the rear wheel spokes had gone but was infact a chunky 1" screw!! I hate them! What a noise though! 120 psi to 0 psi in seconds and the rattling of the screw on the rim and road!

I repair my old inners but this ones had it, along with the tyre!! grrrrrr!

What time did you start work then midday?

I'd have to dump the bike and i've done that before.Even left it unlocked at Bow Road Tube a few years back.(By accident)

No p*nct*r*s this year.TIA.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I was going to say similar :smile:

no shops open at 6am except small corner shops and i would not get my hopes up that they stock inner tubes ...................

In fact my better half hefted my bag i strap to the rack and said "thats heavy ". Should be the amount of st00f i lug in case of a puncture/repair.

Just this week had to do a repair to the rack as one of the screws had come out , thank frell for tools and a spare screw from a water bottle mount :smile:

Top Bottom