Possible irregular heart beat & blocked arteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Started Ramipril in August - which has been great for lowering my BP - at a telephone follow up I mentioned I get palpitations - and have long standing chest pains - which I think are from too much gym - when I mentioned the pain went down to m y bicep - he said he wanted to put me on a 72HR wearable ECG + Do I CT scan of my heart.

He said the symptoms I described could be due to an irregular heart beat and/or clogged up arteries - I was totally gobsmacked - he told me not to do any gym in the interim.

I was diagnosed with a hear murmur in 2018 - which has been stable on checks since - also bad asthmatic as a kid - 60 years old now.

Im hoping hes just being cautious - anybody any experience of this ....and what treatments/prognosis may follow

Disclaimer: I am in touch with GP and cardiology dept - but just looking for info in the interim

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
With these things it just pays to keep a steady outlook on the situation. You are not significantly changed today from what you were yesterday so there is absolutely no need to panic. Do the tests, think through the results, take advice and make your own decision in the end. Do not be afraid to ask for a second opinion if you think there is a chance it might reveal something new or reinterpret the findings.

Good luck with it all; remain optimistic; remember that dying before your time is infinitely better than living beyond your expiry date; live to the full; ten minutes of life is still life; smile and carry on. 🤗👍

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
With these things it just pays to keep a steady outlook on the situation. You are not significantly changed today from what you were yesterday so there is absolutely no need to panic. Do the tests, think through the results, take advice and make your own decision in the end. Do not be afraid to ask for a second opinion if you think there is a chance it might reveal something new or reinterpret the findings.

Good luck with it all; remain optimistic; remember that dying before your time is infinitely better than living beyond your expiry date; live to the full; ten minutes of life is still life; smile and carry on. 🤗👍

Yeah I don't want to go on a load of drugs - which limit my cycling and gym - I get bored and it doesn't help my mild depression and anxiety.

Gwylan

Veteran
Started Ramipril in August - which has been great for lowering my BP - at a telephone follow up I mentioned I get palpitations - and have long standing chest pains - which I think are from too much gym - when I mentioned the pain went down to m y bicep - he said he wanted to put me on a 72HR wearable ECG + Do I CT scan of my heart.

He said the symptoms I described could be due to an irregular heart beat and/or clogged up arteries - I was totally gobsmacked - he told me not to do any gym in the interim.

I was diagnosed with a hear murmur in 2018 - which has been stable on checks since - also bad asthmatic as a kid - 60 years old now.

Im hoping hes just being cautious - anybody any experience of this ....and what treatments/prognosis may follow

Disclaimer: I am in touch with GP and cardiology dept - but just looking for info in the interim

Been there.
Had a fault detected on a stress test. I didn't feel anything. But the techie could see it.
Ramipril for about 20 years.
Related to that had the procedure where they push a gizmo up your groin and look at your arteries. Clear on that. Might be different today.
20 years later I bumble on, cycle, walk and skied without problems.

Top Bottom