Post-ride come down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Just prompted by a post on another thread, but was wondering what other people's experiences are.

At the moment, whenever I've been out and broken some kind of personal barrier, I'm on a high to the point where I find the rest of the day quite difficult. I mean after the initial recovery period, I'll be restless, fidgity and get bored easily, After breaking a 40-50 miler (my current 'range'), I just can't somehow readjust to the rest of the day. Is that normal?

I kind of know the physiological reasons behind this, but is this just newbie enthusiasm which will wain and dullen with time as I get used to going out and exercising more thoroughly then I have for a long time? Or is it something that even seasoned cyclists still get to a degree? If so, how do you manage it?

Camrider

Sort of know what you mean, still on a high from breaking the 200km mark on Saturday, and am itching to get another long one in. I do have some Open University work to catch up on and a couple of other projects to work on so am by no means feeling fidgety or bored.

Feeling like that however is better than feeling like you never want to do it again.

Top Bottom