Postal Efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
I received a letter today from my French Water company.

It had been redirected from our house in the UK

It was sent on December 23 2011 :wacko::laugh:

I wonder where it's been all this time?

classic33

Leg End Member

Floating about in the system?

postman

Legendary Member
article-2585075-1C703EAF00000578-467_634x423.jpg
What more do you want.Door to door service mostly next day all for 60p.:whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Floating about in the cistern I'd suspect.........

beat me to it !

But a friend used to be a motor mechanic for the post office, and they were doing job on van which necessitated removing a panel.or bulkhead - which was never taken off normal repairs or servicing. Underneath was a historic collection of letters dating back several years which had slipped through a gap in ones and twos. All were duly delivered, I think with a little note explaining.

mind you, our local postmen / royal mail generally are pretty good. I recently ordered some stuff which hadn't arrived - re-checked the confirmation email and found I'd (sans-glasses) put the wrong house number. Bloke over road denied all knowledge, then next day postman delivered it to me - I'd not even put a street name either , just postcode and wrong house no. And I live in a city, in street of mainly flats include a fairly high proportion of short term students etc.. Fair play !

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member

Well, duh! They sent it by (slow) boat, of course. :laugh:

byegad

Legendary Member
..don't mess with postmen; they know where you live.

One of mine doesn't! A month ago the guy from the next street, same number, knocked on my door at 3pm with a letter clearly and correctly addressed to me that had been put through his door by the postman. So I feel safe saying what I like about them! But the guy from the next street is worried.

Last edited:
Top Bottom