Pothole Images .. please !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wbmkk

Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Hello[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a cyclist I am obviously concerned at the poor state of the road, especially with regards to the number of potholes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]See my previous posting here:-[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.cyclechat.net/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am attending an evening class on web-design at present, so decided, as part of my coursework to produce a site connected with potholes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Would any fellow cyclist be willing to send me any of your own photographs, showing any large pothole near your cycle routes?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Although I have purchased the domain name, the site is not up and running yet, but hopefully will be, by the end of March. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the meantime I have a temporary e-mail address, where images could be sent, which is[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]potholeman999@googlemail.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] If you could add your name and details of the pothole location, that would be splendid. I will add your details to the site image if you wish.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any finally, I have to assume anybody sending images owns their copyright, basically meaning the sender took the photographs themselves.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind regards ![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]William Morrison[/FONT]

Bman

Guru
You mean, a site like this? :laugh:

siadwell

Guru
PaulB said:

I was going to express my surprise that the article was so sympathetic and the associated comments hadn't been hijacked by nutters. But then I filtered the comments by "Best rated"...

"it amazes me that a country earning so much money from
road taxes
the millions of speed cameras (this country has)
council parking areas
parking fines
traffic fines in general for dangerous driving drink driving ect
and this countries councils seem to still have the gall to tell the public they cant afford to repair roads..."

Trek Trauma Chris

I have to be honest, Cornwall c.c.(county council not cycling club) have been very good. I rang them last year about a pot hole, thinking give them 2 weeks then ring again, but next day, temp traffic lights and all repaired. This year quite a few Rd's by us have been totally resurfaced, cannot complain.

Interested if anyone had reported the pothole on the A338 (on the CTC website possibly) prior to the fatal incident??

(Sincere condolensces to family and friends - we all face this peril everyday and it's a sobering reminder of how important the 'pot-hole' lobbying and safer roads for cyclists campaigns are)

Top Bottom