Power on the go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
My revolution usb charger has died, hope it's just the cable , spade connector gave way . Tried to fix by recrimping ,the copper wire is black . Wonder if the wire resistance is high or its a break somewhere. The usb plug is supposed to have gold plated terminals instead of the usual aluminium ones that will dissolve if wet when powering a battery/GPS or phone. Going to check out the Igaro one.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Get a Busch&Muller eWerk. Old, proven and never fail.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Both the Igaroo and the B&M seem quite bulky. I have just bought the Sinewave from a CC member. It seems small and simple. It only arrived last week. I will fit and come back with a report.

I have a dual port Igaroo. One port has never worked. But the other woks fine. I have the D1 version. I think the D2 is the most up to date version.

Assuming that you're looking for suggestions....
I've field tested the Cycle 2 Charge unit fairly extensively at this stage and cannot fault it. Available, I believe on Amazon for UK customers it is small, discreet and simple.

I believe it's a one man operation and when I requested an extra cable it was despatched quickly and at a low cost.

I tend not to use it in the rain, though.

There's also the new kid on the block in the form of the PedalCell - there's a thread on here about it somewhere.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
My Sinewave revolution is old bought before SJS stocked them. Will crack open the case and renew the cable before buying another .B&M have let me down, thunderstorm killed one ( case not waterproof). I don't like the built in battery backup for when the unit is not providing power.

Petrichorwheels

My Sinewave revolution is old bought before SJS stocked them. Will crack open the case and renew the cable before buying another .B&M have let me down, thunderstorm killed one ( case not waterproof). I don't like the built in battery backup for when the unit is not providing power.

Only one of the B&M ones has a buffer battery. If you are just charging a powerbank rather than a delicate fussy bit of "live" kit you don't need one.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
Update repaired my Sinewave. Bought the 2port D2 no problems so far. Could do with the cable being longer as i an tall, wish that they would include a couple of short usb cables . Usb C plugs need to be compact, bought 2 different short cables and you can't plug both in as one is wider than the other. Looks like Igaro have dropped the price, wonder if people are going to buy the S1 or the new light /usb combo as they have super capacitors for when its slow going uphill or on rough tracks.

Top Bottom