Practise what you preach

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My kids have been on all sorts of Bi, Tri and Quadricycles and I have found that cars jive much more room then I get.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
wafflycat said:
He's now passed his twentieth birthday and he's fit & healthy.

he's not 'fit and healthy', he's six foot of undiluted cycling power - a devourer of miles!

Mr Celine

Discordian
Both the Celinettes were on a rear mounted child seat from a young age. With a child seat fitted motorists gave an extra foot when overtaking, and with a visible child an extra two feet.

The extra weight was noticeable when turning sharply but was a boon on downhills - even had plod pointing his hairdryer at us!

wafflycat

dellzeqq said:
he's not 'fit and healthy', he's six foot of undiluted cycling power - a devourer of miles!

LOL! ;) but not at the moment he's not. He effectively stopped cycling (apart from a bit of leisure cycling) when he went to university. The previous year is what did it - two bad crashes, broken bone, acres of road rash which required daily visits from a nurse to change dressings for a month... bruising, bones out of whack which gave nasty residual pain once the break had healed... His confidence took a rather serious knock. He has dabbled with paintball, but has found it less satisfying than cycling. During this time I've not nagged him in any way about his cycling - apart from the fact university work comes first, nagging him would have the effect of putting him off for good. So I've just tried to 'be there' and not sold off any of his rather excellent cycling kit & kaboodle. He's already thinking of returning to cycling - and it's his decision - I'll just be there to support him as and when. He's needed the space and time to work out what he wants to do and that's fine.

Top Bottom