Praise for Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Stopped just after setting off from work as my seatpost had been slowly sinking into the frame over the last few days. Got out the Topeak Hex and set about raising the saddle and tightening the saddle clamp back up.

**BANG!!!**

Oops - yet another sheared bolt and the prospect of riding the entire 10 miles home out of the saddle. But there was a Halfords just two minutes away, so I popped in hoping they'd have a new seatpost clamp. The guy stopped working on a bike he had up on the workstand as I walked in and went off to look for me. Unfortunately, they didn't have one the right size but the next one down that they had was actually a better, tighter fit (which will hopefully prevent seatpost slippage and trying to overtighten the clamp to keep it from doing so).

He tightened it all up for me and waved me on my way without paying, saying that there was a powercut anyway so the tills weren't working !

So a huge thanks to Halfords at Hermiston Gate for the help and the freebie. Nice one - must try and get a box of chocs to hand in as a thank-you to the guy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thread resurrection alert !!
Took my carrera vanquish to my local halfords for a new headset yesterday ( one of the few jobs i dont do atm ) as i needed the bike for next week and i know although the LBS is good its always busy so i thought i would chance it .
Took the bike in and they promised to have it done the same day and they even phoned me to say i would need more spacers before they fitted them , old spacers were in the bag they gave me when i picked it up as well.I will admit i know the mechanic there is a MTBer is a keen rider .
Got British Cycling discount on parts and labour .

Good job thank you :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom