"Prepare"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doctornige

What a monumentally bad choice of words ...

y7y8umyg.jpg

Somewhere in the side-bar ads of the various attackments to the Pharmstrong debate, I came across an ad for EPO-boost complete with endorsements from various US amateur champions.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I would say the words were very carefully choosen, similar to Bodybuilding supplements they want to make the consumer assume that they perform as well as the ilegal supplements. Targetted at people who want to dope but do not want to take the health risks..

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Somewhere in the side-bar ads of the various attackments to the Pharmstrong debate, I came across an ad for EPO-boost complete with endorsements from various US amateur champions.

Amgen sponsor the Tour of California!

I just don't get it! What's wrong with a peanut butter and banana sandwitch and a glass of milk? In my book that covers the magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium that a body needs in order to get fuel (in the form of carbs) and minimize the electolyte loss while exersising..

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't really get this thread..... to the point I was compelled to post, even though I have nothing to contribute!

Dilbert

I think its that "Preparation" was the code word for doping - as in "your first race is 3rd March, make sure you are prepared" or "go and see Dr xxxxxxxx he will help you prepare"

Amgen sponsor the Tour of California!

You couldn't make it up. :stop:

OP
OP
doctornige

doctornige

I think its that "Preparation" was the code word for doping - as in "your first race is 3rd March, make sure you are prepared" or "go and see Dr xxxxxxxx he will help you prepare"

Yes. Apologies. I was reading Millar's biog when I ran across this. Dilbert is right. 'Preparation', a term once used to just mean getting ready to race, became a code word for EPO doping. The advert just jumped out at me.

Regarding Amgen, their sponsorship of the ToC is amusing in one sense, but they are one of the biggest companies in the State, and they have a big health kicker going for their staff. They are sports mad, so it's nice that they can fork out to underwrite a bicycle race.

For my own part, I was on the agency marketing team for Amgen's EPOs and two other companies that make similar products. Me and EPO go way back. I still work on it today.

N.

Top Bottom