Proper bike fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where can I get a proper bike fit done, in Sout Wales?

Also when climbing hills, is it because of the geometry of my commuting bike, a Carrera Subway 8, that I am unable to stand and pedal?

I'd be grateful for any tips, advice etc..

LondonCommuter

I've just changed from a Carrera Subway 8 to a more traditional drop handle bar bike and yes I think it must be the geometry of the bike. On the Subway it was a real effort to stand up, I never did for more than a minute and it felt like I wasn't fit/strong enough to stand. On my new bike, it feels natural to stand and even just lift my bum of the saddle a few inches. I conclude its the bike rather than me.

Moonlight

Quite, If you get your bike fitted properly they will base the frame size partly on how often you stand to pedal. My bike is fitted so that I stand a lot...which I don't...but if I ride a larger framed bike I find standing more differcult. To over simplify, the bigger the frame the more uncomfortable it is to stand.

Now I will get corrected I'm sure....

LondonCommuter

I think its more to do with geometry than size. My new bike is a touring frame (Dawes Galaxy) and a much bigger frame but its much easier to stand.

GrahamG

Guru
I know that Muddock in Bristol now does cyclefit - but that might be a fair old distance for you if you're further out west than Cardiff.

Top Bottom