Proposed Vat reduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
But how much of that 1800 a month is pension, which wouldnt be subject to NI costs???

About £780 (the pension is where I get hit for PAYE), but I was using it simply as an example of how any reduction in NI wold not help some 'middle income' types as a follow on to your query about NI being wound back.

There is a chance that whatever measure(s) is proposed by the political parties will end up not benefitting some of those it was intended to help.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
About £780 (the pension is where I get hit for PAYE), but I was using it simply as an example of how any reduction in NI wold not help some 'middle income' types as a follow on to your query about NI being wound back.

There is a chance that whatever measure(s) is proposed by the political parties will end up not benefitting some of those it was intended to help.

I totally agree with your last line……

Lozz360

Veteran
But you did list that as one of your options, so just stated thats the current proposal by one candidate

I was discussing the three methods of taxation (NI, PAYE and VAT) that the government could reduce to try and ease the cost of living crisis. The fact that I’m not fully up to speed on what the current government’s* proposals regarding NI rates is not relevant to that discussion IMHO.

*As we all know the “current government” will change early next week so I would suggest that nobody knows what the new government’s intentions will be regarding any tax adjustments. Refer to @Jenkins post above for an informed speculation if that’s what you are after.

Top Bottom