Protein

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

So, all week in work I have been getting my head nipped with one of my workmates (and close freind) about the fact I am like a pettite girl and look like I have lost a lot of muscle (this is true about the muscle mass)... ok his words where, and I quite Verbatim "See when I saw you cycle along, you looked like a hot girl. THne when I saw you make your power shake in the kitchen with those skin tight jeans on I thought Angelina Jolie was in the office" Also said I have catwalk shoulders! Now I saw my self run past a shop window and I see his point. So now I am on a i've to get a little back, I'll never be massive with the amount of running I do. So I am trying to eat a loot more protein, problem is I am vegan and there isn't much choice. I eat nuts and take protein shakes, eat tofu etc as it is... so wither it's a case I need to eat loads more. I called a sprts diatition today, have an apointment next week, but on the phone I told her what I eat in a day and what I work out and she said I should be eating at least 1800 cals more than I do... WTF!
So any tips on extra protien as I am stuck on what else to eat.... or should I just tell said freind he is the one with the issue thinking I'm a hot chic?

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Your paying for good advice from a pro and then asking on here...???
You are already causing a transgender turmoil...!

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

The pro is just to assess my fat count and lean muscle for a fight in a few weeks.. They always tell me to eat meat every time I see them, so her opinion in that doesn't count ;)

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Also since yesterday I have tried eating the extra amount advised, fooking hell I think all I am doing is eating and my muscles feel like they are on fire... and yes I know it's hot this week, but I love the heat and most of this week I have had the fire on in my sitting room and the heating on at work, but today.. and all I have done is my cycle home from work and ran 10k.

Hont

Guru
Protein intake is tricky if you're a vegan. I was eating a lot of nuts in the winter, but it doesn't half get boring. I think protein drinks are the only way to go as you can get some different flavours to add variety.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

I have ordered up a job lot Hawaiian Spirulina to add in too... have a massive lental and broc curry cooking at the mo too. For the next 3 weeks I am going to eat around 4000 cals per day to see what it does... still don't see that much mucsle develop... and no no no I can't stop the running! And this cycling must be like running for your muscles too

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Sounds like your friend is the one with the issue, heehee!!!

Tell him the closet door is open if he'd like to come out now:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yello

I figure you might already know this but.... beans, pulses, lentils, and the biggest protein bang for buck is supposedly quinoa.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Lisa, I agree he has issues... unless he likes stick thin Goths... erm hold on!

Yello, yeap I then all the time... I am starting to think I get enough protein in my diet and I'm just built for long distance running. I'll see how it goes with this eating double what I normaly do... doubt it'll be a massive gain but at least it might prove wither I am starving my body.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Jim

4000 Calories a day isn't a massive amount if you're active -I suppose it's also down to eating regularly ie every couple of hours as well if you're wanting to build muscle mass. However, if you're naturally slim built then perhaps that won't change too much; as you say runners(and cyclists) are quite bulk free overall.

Ask your friend what a hot girl looks like - then ask him if he needs to get his eyes checked...

headhunter

To increase the availability of full proteins try eating loads and loads of pulses and beans with carbs like brown, whole rice. Otherwise as a vegan it's going to be very hard for you to get the protein you need. It sounds like you're not consuming enough carbs and/or fat either and your body may be using muscle as fuel.

bonj2

Jim_Noir said:
So, all week in work I have been getting my head nipped with one of my workmates (and close freind) about the fact I am like a pettite girl and look like I have lost a lot of muscle (this is true about the muscle mass)... ok his words where, and I quite Verbatim "See when I saw you cycle along, you looked like a hot girl. THne when I saw you make your power shake in the kitchen with those skin tight jeans on I thought Angelina Jolie was in the office" Also said I have catwalk shoulders! Now I saw my self run past a shop window and I see his point. So now I am on a i've to get a little back, I'll never be massive with the amount of running I do. So I am trying to eat a loot more protein, problem is I am vegan and there isn't much choice. I eat nuts and take protein shakes, eat tofu etc as it is... so wither it's a case I need to eat loads more. I called a sprts diatition today, have an apointment next week, but on the phone I told her what I eat in a day and what I work out and she said I should be eating at least 1800 cals more than I do... WTF!
So any tips on extra protien as I am stuck on what else to eat.... or should I just tell said freind he is the one with the issue thinking I'm a hot chic?

Well there IS a choice, you can always *choose* to become a non-vegan. :becool:

jimboalee

Jim_Noir said:

I didn't know there was an inhabited planet round Vega.