Prunes ... Love 'em or hate 'em ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Prunes and Custard is fantastic. Good variation is mixed dried fruit soaked in alcohol of some kind- peps it up a bit.

With custard - my mum always made it just as it was about to be served and so it was hot from the pan - no skin on it.
Wifey and all her family make it about an hour before it is served, stick it in a jug and leave it. You then are sticking tepid custard that has started to set and has a horrid skin on it over your pud. Grounds for divorce?

U

User482

I used to love that bit.

It was more edible than anything else my school served up.

Anyway, prunes: they're ok.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Haven't tried them since primary school days, when you HAD TO eat your prunes and custard for pudding (p'raps once a month, I guess) or else. I'd probably like them now, but I just haven't tried them.

Miss Goodbody reports that she's not over-keen on dried-up old plums, but the vicar had shown her some interesting things to do with them. :okay:

fimm

Veteran
Oh yes.:hungry: Especially tinned prunes. I should get them more often.
I like the idea of prunes in overnight oats. I will try that sometime.

pclay

Veteran
Oh yes.:hungry: Especially tinned prunes. I should get them more often.
I like the idea of prunes in overnight oats. I will try that sometime.
If you put them in overnight oats, don't put them in whole, chop them up a bit, its much better. They are a natural sweetener so no sugar required.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Love.

Dried especially

Grounds for you taking over the kitchen.

Unless you are posting from 1957 or thereabouts

Three problems-
1. Going to inlaws, you do have to step back to 1957 husband role, strictly limited to carving meat.
2. I have been married for 27 years and probably am leaving it a bit late to bring it up.
3. I manage to burn custard when I make it.

Top Bottom