Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its a bit big to carry on your frame! but seriously when I was a kid I used the electric pump at the pfs a few times, so I can't see the problem it has a pressure gauge.

the_bing

Über Member
good idea, anything that saves elbow grease. i've got a honking big compressor in my workshop (i'm a mechanic) and i only use a hand pump on the road/trail :blush:

ASC1951

Guru
the_bing said:
good idea, anything that saves elbow grease.
I'm a bit of a tree-hugger, so I would say it is morally wrong to use a power pump at home. I saw someone yesterday using a power blower on 50 yards of cable to shift leaves off his path when he could have done it just as quickly with a garden brush and done himself some good as well.

At only £4.99, how accurate will the Lidl product be? It claims a max pressure of 250 psi so you might find your £25 Contis disappearing with a bang.

manalog

Über Member
I have a battery powered pump for my car and it works perfectly well on my 700c tyres and I normally pump them up to 130 PSI. I think the tyres blowing up using car pump is a myth and spread around by people who hasn't used them, maybe I'm wrong. Anyone here used a pump from the Petrol Station? I don't want hearsays ;-)

Woz!

I always used to use the pumps at the petrol stations until they started getting stroppy about it.
Never had a problem. Maybe the issue is that bike tyres go to much higher pressure than car's so it might wear the pump's seals?

manalog

Über Member
Woz! said:
I always used to use the pumps at the petrol stations until they started getting stroppy about it.
Never had a problem. Maybe the issue is that bike tyres go to much higher pressure than car's so it might wear the pump's seals?

There you go an actual Petrol Station pump user, no issues :biggrin:.

Top Bottom