Puncture Resistance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atyl1972

hey guys, which tyres are the best for puncture Resistance, any cost as long as they're super super tough, tough enough for the national cycle network?

thanks in advance guys

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'd guess most people on here would recommend Marathon Plus as the best protected tyre available.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm very happy so far with the Michelin City tyres I put on my Peugeot. ~1000 miles and no punctures so far and rolling resistance seems to be good for a heavy duty tyre.

Only thing I would say about them is that they seem to be oversized for their size. Mine are supposed to be 630-32 but are much wider than that. Something to be careful with if it's a frame with tight clearance.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
+1 to what Kesteven has said.
Marathon Pluses are generally acknowledged and recommended to be the best tyres for puncture protection.

Manonabike

Über Member
I have never used the Marathon Plus but I did my research about puncture resistant tyres a few months ago and the Marathon Plus were the tyres to go for...... I decided against them for the simple reason they were too heavy for the bike and the type of riding I do with that particular bike. I think Marathon Plus has a sister tyre that also has the same puncture resistant properties but lighter and of course, more expensive :biggrin:

Also, my research revealed that the Marathon Plus wears quicker than the average tyre but it's excellent otherwise.

There is an Armadillo tyre (not sure of the name) that is worth considering

I went for Gatorskin and so far no punctures........

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

i guess the Schwalbe Marathon Plus would deffo be suitable for the taff trail route to my work?
I think these things would survive a nuclear war (so maybe they are made of cockroaches :biggrin:) but they are heavy! When I fit them on my MTB the weight is almost doubled.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They will handle the terrain without issue. They get a bit skittish in mud if you run them at 65+psi.
i guess the Schwalbe Marathon Plus would deffo be suitable for the taff trail route to my work?

Top Bottom