QR skewers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stantheman

On the front skewer on my MTB there is a piece of plastic that is supposed to be concave, but it is more flat due to over tightening I presume. Can you buy spare parts for skewers or is it a case of a whole new one. Also can you get something to replace the quick release system, like a bolt on type of skewer.

Many thanks.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
they're quite cheap, you can buy security skewers too that bolt on.....

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/s?q=skewer

compo

Veteran
I don't know if you can get individual parts for skewers but they are cheap enough as a replacement. As for a replacement you could always fit a nutted axle in place of the hollow QR one.

OP
OP
Stantheman

Stantheman

I did not think of replacing the whole axle, could be the way to go. Halfords have some bolt on skewers quite cheap so they could be worth a look.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
On the front skewer on my MTB there is a piece of plastic that is supposed to be concave, but it is more flat due to over tightening I presume. Can you buy spare parts for skewers or is it a case of a whole new one. Also can you get something to replace the quick release system, like a bolt on type of skewer.

Many thanks.
You can get a set of allen key skewers for about a tenner some even come with a seat post Q/R replacement as well^_^

Top Bottom