Question 2. Swordfish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Swordfish is an exceptionally tasty fish if properly prepared, and I don't doubt that many of the recipes cited above will do it justice. It is also a seriously endangered species (except in a few exceptional circumstances). For this reason we avoid it. Unfortunately there is no good substitute that I know of which is sustainable. Mahi-mahi, perhaps?

papercorn2000

Don't you need to have legs in order to have loins?

jashburnham

Drizzle olive oil and soy sauce over the fish, then steam it over a bed of shallots, lime and chillies. 2 mins or son on each side. Serve with garlic and spring onion mash.

So far, Arch has been told that she's going to ensure the extinction of the species, and poison herself with mercury by eating this piece of swordfish. Is there anything else she needs to know?

Canrider

Guru
She should be made aware that it does not, in point of fact, contain any sword.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Unless she's being deceitful, I don't think that Arch is pregnant, an infant nor under 16.

Now stop being dramatic and read your link properly.;)

No, indeed, none of those. And I can't help thinking that one swordfish steak in 38 years isn't going to kill me. Not that I care much if it does...

Ok, so in the end I tried to take a little advice for everyone, I marinaded it for a few minutes in the juice of half a lime and some black pepper, then wrapped it in foil, with some chopped spring onion, and steamed it. In the water I steamed it over, I cooked some Chinese egg noddles, and I also steamed some ribbons of courgette (made with a potato peeler). While it was cooking, I made a vinagrette from the other half of the lime, olive oil, and more spring onions and black pepper. I served the swordfish in its juices (with a little butter melted over for the last minute), and the noodles and courgette ribbon served on the side, with the vinagrette poured over. It was quite nice, althoguh I may have overdone the limeyness a bit. Maybe done without it on the noodles etc. The swordfish itself was tender and not at all dry, although I don't know if I'll buy it again (too expensive unless very much reduced to clear). The best thing was that with one pan for the water for the noodles, and the steamer, I cooked it all on one ring, and there was very little to wash up.

domtyler

Über Member
Oh shoot. Arch, please tell me, have you started to experience any of these symptoms yet?

* Burning in the stomach and throat
* Bloody diarrhoea and vomiting
* Massive blood and fluid loss from diarrhea
* Kidney failure
* Death

Top Bottom