quite proud of my commute to work^^

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enis Baysal

Averaged just under 20mph.. quite a bult up rush hour time on the journey, admittedly was a bit wreckless but my legs just seemed to be in a more than prepared state for some serious pushing.
Not sure what tyres halfords decided to fit to my bike but definitely changing them over as my average times have reduced a little..
any ideas on faster road tyres? I understand you substitute durability and puncture resistance for speed :smile:

cant wait for my carbon boardman... this hybrid business is good but I cant wait for the difference!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-18-04-24-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-18-04-24-06.png
    56 KB · Views: 93

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
ultremo`s are regarded as one the the faster tyres although many will recommend conti gp 4000`s ?

Well done on the time but wheres the elevation gain do you live in a world with no hill s? :smile:

OP
OP
Enis Baysal

Enis Baysal

ultremo`s are regarded as one the the faster tyres although many will recommend conti gp 4000`s ?

Well done on the time but wheres the elevation gain do you live in a world with no hill s? :smile:

Haha that is a fair question. luckily my commute is very flat which makes my life easier!

where and when do you guys meet for the club? after I get my new bike I will be looking to have more interesting longer rides :smile:

Maylian

Veteran
I think Essex to Derbyshire might be a bit to much of a pre ride warm up : )
Have a look here ......
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder

The extended commute (I'm one of the newer members) is for those who just go the long way round to spend a bit more time on the bike, rather than direct from A to B.

As for tyres, Ultremo ZX's are beautiful tyres. Smooth, fast, agile and look great, as for puncture resistance I got 3 in one run last weekend as well as having them starting to fray / split on me after about 500 miles or so. Conti's are not bad but I find that they lack a bit of grip and firmly sit in the Bontrager camp, just bought some new Hardshells, decent price, they feel a bit slower than the Ultremo's but I think many do. Done a couple hundred miles on them in the week I've had them and had no issues, apart from the slightly increased rolling resistance.

Soltydog

Legendary Member

Blimey it is flat there 0ft elevation?? its flat round here, but even in my 16 mile commute I have 169ft of climbing! Tough I know, dont know how I manage :laugh:

OP
OP
Enis Baysal

Enis Baysal

lol I us
Blimey it is flat there 0ft elevation?? its flat round here, but even in my 16 mile commute I have 169ft of climbing! Tough I know, dont know how I manage :laugh:
strava so elevation is good for nothing to be honest... the commute averages at 116ft elevation.. its just 2 very short inclines I go over (2 railway tracks).. the rest is flat..but very bumpy -.-

Top Bottom