R.I.P. David Soul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Saturday nights (was it Saturday's?) in the seventies weren't complete without Husky and Starch. Great entertainment.

While in Accrington Antiques this afternoon I just happened to find this old newspaper. Those fat fingers aren't mine by the way.🧐

nc_ohc=RqAzO6NsXeUAX-VcZjr&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=BU7HllTmEj4AX9-HEvE&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

If I remember rightly, Starsky and Hutch started around 1976, so maybe years later they moved the day it was shown, but in 1984 it was on TV on a Friday night.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
In the late seventies my dad had a red Mk3 Cortina with a white stripe down the side, quality!

In the Midlands it was Reliant Robins!

robin.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I can remember these chunky knit cardigan/jacket type things back in the day
View attachment 718053
Used to be able to get them down the local market. I was quite fashion conscious back then, but resisted this particular look.

Harringtons, high waisters, platform shoes, Brutus shirts..............them were the days.

....but there were ladies with big hair and padded shoulders. too. It wasn't exactly a great style era, was it?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I was reading that he was a big classic car fan, and one day phoned the office of Pradtical Classics magazine for advice. They thought it was a wind up!

The PC boys got to know him well and reckon he was a classy guy, a real gent.

Windle

Über Member
I was reading that he was a big classic car fan, and one day phoned the office of Pradtical Classics magazine for advice. They thought it was a wind up!

The PC boys got to know him well and reckon he was a classy guy, a real gent.

I remember a good few years ago Practical Classics having occasional articles about him being involved with restoring Ernest Hemmingway's Chrysler New Yorker which had been found in Cuba.

Top Bottom