R.I.P Raymond Poulidor.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Another great champion from the 60s and 70s passed away today. He raced against Jacques Anquetil in the 60s and Eddy Mercks in the 70s. Although he never won the TdF, he finished 2nd many times, but won many other races. Commonly referred to as PouPou in France, he was well loved and admired , even after his retirement.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I read an obituary saying that he visited Anquetil on his deathbed. He joked that Poulidor was going to finish second again.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Top story on Belgian lunchtime TV news, ahead of the Prime Minister's party's leadership election, the floods in Venice or the latest royal honours. Anyone know whether BBC even mentioned it?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Top story on Belgian lunchtime TV news, ahead of the Prime Minister's party's leadership election, the floods in Venice or the latest royal honours. Anyone know whether BBC even mentioned it?
Don't be silly, it won't be mentioned over here cos it is not football or cricket.

netman

Veteran
RIP PouPou...
1573678921621.png

153 career wins -

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not what I asked but maybe worth a read for some.

Why would they? I wonder if German, Swedish, Russian, Italian or French TV mentioned it. I would be surprised if they did, although less so in France.

Top Bottom