Raising the handlebar height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tha saddle in the picture is about six inches too low for anyone wanting to pedal for more than a few yards. It's been dropped for downhill or tech riding.
Yea, maybe, other pictures on the site seem to have the saddle raised a few inches. But then again he may like riding with a low seat, I take my jump bike out for the odd 10 miler and that seat is an inch above the back wheel. It's just fun to stand and try and huck the entire trail.

Dave_1

Righteo its early days for me venturing into MTB and I'd love some advice please^_^

I've picked up a Genesis Mantle 20 and really like it, but I'm finding the riding position can be a little 'achey' on my upper body/back.

Ive compared it to my commuter (a flat barred hybrid) and the geometry's basically the same except the handle bars are a fair bit higher on the commuter.

So I'd like to raise it a little, but what are my options? Or is it better to keep it lower and just ride it more to get my body adjusted to the new position?

Cheers!

I'd bring the saddle forward a cm and not lower the stem. It reduces stress on back equal to lowering stem but keeping stem where it was-lower-allows you can still tuck a little when strong, bend elbows. If you raise stem you have less option to tuck & flaten back

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
I'd bring the saddle forward a cm and not lower the stem. It reduces stress on back equal to lowering stem but keeping stem where it was-lower-allows you can still tuck a little when strong, bend elbows. If you raise stem you have less option to tuck & flaten back

I'll give that a go, the seat is about right for me but worth a go cheers

Top Bottom