Raleigh Ascender 18" boy's MTB, 24" wheels, Dewsbury, West Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A boy's Raleigh Ascender mountain bike in green. It's got an 18" frame with 24" tyres.
New tyres, inner tubes, brakes and seat cover. Shown with the seat at maximum height to give an idea of adjustability.

$(KGrHqF,!p8E63ZwgZ(3BO3ph)zd0Q~~60_12.JPG

It's 15-speed (5 speed on a triple chainring) and comes with a bottle holder.

Age: probably best for about 9-12 year olds. It'd suit girls as well as boys, but I've listed it as a boys bike.

It's in used condition and has the usual scratches and chips that you would expect from a children's mountain bike. However it rides pretty well - it's basically an old but usable Raleigh for a child or small adult. I had a thought of using it as my winter emergency bike, but couldn't quite fit at 5' 9".

My price: £30 on here, which covers the cost of buying the BSO in the first place, plus the petrol to get it!

I bought it because the kid selling it said it was a 22" MTB and I didn't have the heart not to give him the cash since it was an eBay BIN! Son no. 2 wants a road bike (like dad!) so this hasn't been passed onto him.

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire (WF12) - just off both the M62 (Leeds or Bradford) and M1 (Wakefield or Huddersfield)

Top Bottom