Raleigh Avanti U6 Comp 2009 - Opinions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjgraham86

Über Member
Hi MacB

I've had a Raleigh Carbon Comp for a year. I believe it's one bike above the U6 comp in the range (it was retailing at £1200 when I bought it), although mine has been re-named this year.

It's my first "proper" road bike after having been on a hybrid for casual Sunday rides for years. I've been very happy with it. Very light, looks good and goes very well.

If I had a complaint it would be that whenever I go over 15 miles I still get butt pain from the saddle, improved slightly by adjusting angle and trying different shorts !!

Overall, well pleased with it - but then I got it from a mate who owns a bike shop so I got a large discount and am therefore more easily pleased than I might otherwise have been !! At Winstanleys price, the U6 looks a good buy to me.

Hope that's helpful.

P

Ivan Ardon

It's Winstanleys, so they'll "accidentally" charge you £999 anyway, then send you a Raleigh Chopper instead. In the wrong colour.

Garz

Squat Member
Looks lovely, have always had a soft spot for raleigh since I had a 'racer' as a youngster!

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I have the U6 Pro (105 groupset).

No major issues, the Outland saddle is a bit cheap and soft so I upgraded to a Charge Spoon.

I paid less than half rrp (£999 at the time) as the dealer was eager to get rid of his 2008 stock.

These are different Raleighs to the cheapo Halfords stuff, they are well made, well specced road bikes.

£500 at the time would have just got me a Trek/Giant with Sora and carbon forks instead of a full carbon rear end, forks and 105 groupo.

Top Bottom