Raleigh Chiltern. Your thoughts please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yeah,right..............................I think I'll buy 2 at that price. :whistle:

Anyone seen that one where the bloke want 4 hundred quid for a B17.........................keeps being re-listed for some reason. :becool:

OP
OP
paul-kent

paul-kent

Rode mine into work today, appears to have an issue with either the crank or one of the pedals.
Rear hub is very quiet, missing the click click click when it's in top but apart from that really good

C41F8A9D-A961-4593-92A2-62BF72176C2B_zpsnuagevpb.jpg

I think I will swap out more components for "proper" ones in time

OP
OP
paul-kent

paul-kent

Yeah, I injected some paraffin to start to break down anything in there. I don't see the need to strip the hub, all gears engage perfectly

OP
OP
paul-kent

paul-kent

Still riding mine daily, so pleased with it. Developed a crunch in the crank or pedals so it's forced the issue to swap them out for a vintage set at the weekend.
It rides so well, no handed is a doddle on it, on my mountain bike it was a challenge!

OP
OP
paul-kent

paul-kent

04311AD5-B1C2-4B83-90AB-D12E81A4CA8A_zpsrzks42ds.jpg

Looks like I'll be cleaning mine this weekend also

teaboy

Über Member
View attachment 102425

Picked up a chiltern last night for a few quid, 91 on the hub. It's probably the newest Raleigh I have ever owned and I was quite disappointed to see the poor quality of the components. The frame set appears okay but the rest is not up to the Raleigh standards I was bought up with.
I intend to use as my commuter bike for a while to see how I get on with it. It now sports a brooks saddle and a rear carrier.
Id like to hear others thoughts on the model
B
View attachment 102425

Picked up a chiltern last night for a few quid, 91 on the hub. It's probably the newest Raleigh I have ever owned and I was quite disappointed to see the poor quality of the components. The frame set appears okay but the rest is not up to the Raleigh standards I was bought up with.
I intend to use as my commuter bike for a while to see how I get on with it. It now sports a brooks saddle and a rear carrier.
Id like to hear others thoughts on the mod
View attachment 102425

Id like to hear others thoughts on the model
I had one for a while. Thought it was the most comfortable bike I'd ever ridden. It was great for around town. Sorry I sold it now. I'd buy another at the right price and would not change anything.
Bought one for a fiver armchair ride .Weighs a ton and I love it

Top Bottom