Raleigh Clubman - Reynolds 531 frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
3BM gave me this Reynolds 531 frame and I had every intention of starting my own fixed/SS project.

But a combination of a bad back and pure laziness has meant I have done nothing with it! Its an extra Large frame so will suit someone over 6ft. I have no pictures of the frame, but its basically this (only just the frame).

PM me if interested, am in Kent so will need to collect.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
cant believe this hasnt gone yet or has it ?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I very nearly took it but then I realised that if I sat back then Wigsie would build it up nicely, bugger his back up and I'd get the complete deal for bugger all. Of course the big guy can't be relied upon to do things in the right order.

somebody take it, I'm sorely tempted but I promised myself I wouldn't look at anything with a threaded 1" steerer.

What's the rear spacing on it? just asking like:whistle:

Tynan

Veteran
certainly is nice, that's the sort of frame I eye up every time I see one out and about, I've have no idea ot time or skill or money to do anything with it, it certainly does look large though

redjedi

Über Member
User1314 said:
I paid £150 for the same a year ago. Not just the frame though. It was unused though. 1985 model. Bike stripped to just the frame is almost as light as anything modern, I'd say.

Rides like a dream.

Done a ton, a 70 and a 50 mile ride on it.

Using it for a 30 mile round commute each day through London.

Fast and smooth.

Although could do with some quieter brake blocks ;):ohmy:

montage

God Almighty
interested, but need to figure out when to pop down to kentland as my life is pretty much on hold for revision at the moment. Got a project planned for this summer (post exams) as I need a decent 2nd bike to take to uni :sad:

Tel

Veteran
where abouts in kent are you?

gbb

Legendary Member
IIRC the Clubman was spaced for a 5 speed block, but i've spaced mine out quite easily to accept 8 speed wheels.
It is a nice comfortable frame, its a brilliant winter commuter. I like bikes with the curve on the front forks....it absorbs so much road vibration.

I can't believe you can't even give it away Wigsie :ohmy:

Top Bottom