Raleigh Parkway Lite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anchorman

Regular
Hello, I have just joined this forum. I have been cycling since 1980. I have just bought a Raleigh Parkway Lite second hand and have serviced the 3 speed hub, bb and headset bearings. I wanted to know from the members what years did Raleigh sell this model as I cannot find much info at all. I know Raleigh stopped making bikes 1990 and SA were bought by Sunrace, but would like to know how much it cost when new
Many thanks
Dave

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and :welcome: to CC.

You should find a date on the SA hub. Perhaps search some old Raleigh catalogues for more details.
Wouldn't think it's more than twenty years old. Not a real Raleigh of course but likely sourced in the far East with the Raleigh name stuck on it. Second hand values of these types of folders don't usually correlate with new price as people very often buy them and then don't use and end up selling just to get rid. The exception of course being Brompton.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome.

Looking at google images, that bike has V-brakes, so would give a date after 1996. The newer SA hubs don't have dates, and I'm guessing yours won't. As to new price, again just a guess, around 250 beer tokens. Anyways, hope the bike serves you well :okay:

OP
OP
A

Anchorman

Regular

Attachments

• IMG_5266.jpeg
    IMG_5266.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
A

Anchorman

Regular
Hello and :welcome: to CC.

You should find a date on the SA hub. Perhaps search some old Raleigh catalogues for more details.
Wouldn't think it's more than twenty years old. Not a real Raleigh of course but likely sourced in the far East with the Raleigh name stuck on it. Second hand values of these types of folders don't usually correlate with new price as people very often buy them and then don't use and end up selling just to get rid. The exception of course being Brompton.

Hello, The hub is made by Sunrace and they do not stamp their hubs like S/A

Top Bottom