Raleigh pursuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haroon123

Hello everyone,

First post here. Came across this Raleigh pursuit on ebay. Was having some trouble in identifying the model ? Could anyone help ?
Also what price would this bike go for ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200629-152839_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-152839_eBay.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20200629-152815_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200629-152815_eBay.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 95

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The model is a Raleigh Pursuit. It was a budget model from the eighties/ I think?
Plastic shift levers. Aimed at the younger market. Raleigh's finest gaspipe.
Price? About £100 but in these wacky days could be anything. What's it worth to you?Looks in good condition and all original. If it has been left for some time will likely need new tyres and cables.

BTW :welcome: to the forum :unsure:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
In that spec it's a 1987-88 model. Pleasant enough, but not remarkabke in any way. In good nick maybe a ton at the moment, if it needs for nothing. Of little genuine interest as a classic, but as a bike to ride it should sell well at the present time.

It looks lovely and original, right down to the bar tape. The mudguards are the only deviation from standard spec, but are period correct and we're probably bought from Hellfrauds at the same time as the bike.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I bought one in the middle 90's from Shorter Rochford in Finchley for £175. It was a nice ride but nothing remarkable.
Here is my son with it before the London to Cambridge ride 2002. It got nicked in 2003

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Haroon123

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been on the hunt for a nice Raleigh that I can ride around uni for some time now. Intially I was keen to get my hands on a Raleigh banana but couldn't find the right one in my budget.
However I came across this on ebay and really liked the look of it. So I bought it for £85 . Excited for it to arrive and ride it. 😄

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been on the hunt for a nice Raleigh that I can ride around uni for some time now. Intially I was keen to get my hands on a Raleigh banana but couldn't find the right one in my budget.
However I came across this on ebay and really liked the look of it. So I bought it for £85 . Excited for it to arrive and ride it. 😄
It should do everything you want from it. Enjoy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Get two good locks for it at Uni, and try and get a space in the covered bike cages.

Top Bottom