Raleigh Record Sprint rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
hi
im going to build up this old frame for a winter hack
the frame came from ebay with no wheels
my first questions before i start my parts list is

would this bike been a five speed originally? i measured the rear spacing to 126
how much would wheels be for this frame( i would be looking at cheap wheels considering its intended use?

thanks

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
According to below from 1984 it was a 12 speed with 700c wheels. Given frame is steel I would get a standard modern 130mm road rear wheel. It should not be difficult to ease it into the 126mm dropouts. But if I were you I would check to be sure 700c rim is the right reach for the brakes.

imgres
ral84_09.jpg

Nick6843

Hi

I have a record sprint that I am currently rebuilding, its a mixture of two bikes with the best taken from each, I am having the frame re sprayed with all the original decals put back on, all the components cleaned and polished, new bearings, the bike will be great when finished. I have a front and rear wheel with original cassette that I will be selling soon, if you are interested.

Nick.

Jules_OldSchool

likewise Record Sprint parts available, including a pair of black concave alloys (rear with screw on hub replacing its original helicomatic), correct Weinmann 500 Gold colour brake calipers and various other bits.

paulb3375

Regular
Hi

I have a record sprint that I am currently rebuilding, its a mixture of two bikes with the best taken from each, I am having the frame re sprayed with all the original decals put back on, all the components cleaned and polished, new bearings, the bike will be great when finished. I have a front and rear wheel with original cassette that I will be selling soon, if you are interested.

Nick.

Would be interested to pics during / after the build. I owned one of these in '84, great bike but the frame was far too big for me at the time. I suppose restored ones fetch good prices these days - goes off to look

Top Bottom