Raleigh Richmond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I picked this up today, it was going to be thrown away! Lovely 531 framed ladies town bike from the 1980’s just needs a pair of tyres, a chain and saddle. I will also give it a good service, it’s in lovely condition. A lucky, trendy Oxford student will love it!

IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
That's very smart indeed, looking forward to seeing it tarted up, but I don't think it needs much.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
That's very smart indeed, looking forward to seeing it tarted up, but I don't think it needs much.

So far I’ve ordered just over £30 of bits, pair of Raleigh tan wall tyres and tubes and some replacement foam grips, the chain looks and feels salvageable, and I’ve got a vintage Wrights leather saddle in the garage which will finish if off nicely, it should clean up really well. Looks like it has had very light use and has spent most of its life in a garage.

AndyRM

XOXO
So far I’ve ordered just over £30 of bits, pair of Raleigh tan wall tyres and tubes and some replacement foam grips, the chain looks and feels salvageable, and I’ve got a vintage Wrights leather saddle in the garage which will finish if off nicely, it should clean up really well. Looks like it has had very light use and has spent most of its life in a garage.

It does look in really great nick.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
I remember those Lovely Gold ESGE (?) mudguards on my Raleigh Record Sprint

They were fitted to a number of Raleigh bikes, a Royal I bought a few years ago had them

IMG_1234.jpeg

Top Bottom