raleigh royal tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mostynulcan

Hi has anyone out there got a Raleigh royal tourer if so what do you think of it as i'm thinking of buying one. Alan:smile:

Royalrider

Hi,
I have one of the original ones. Bought 1981. At the time it was a top of the Raleigh range tourer, 501 tubing, chrome forks and Raleigh green with gold writing. It is still in perfect working order and good condition. A great bike. The newer ones are not made in this country but I understand have been out sourced to the far east. I'm not saying this is a bad thing just different. Other posts on here suggest that the Raleigh quality went down hill and there are better bikes at the same price point. It would depend on how much you are paying for it as to whether it was good value. There will be lots of views on here but I think they were excellent. Note the sign in name.

porteous

Veteran
Raleigh Royal

I bought a restored 1990s one from a forum member. Absolutely great to ride - one of the nicest bikes Raleigh made. It is my main bike. A good one should set you back £100-150, IMO.

Royalrider

I was going to say the same as as porteous has written. £500 is top RRP on a new one. I had a quick look around and there is one on ebay, buy it now for £375 new. It is a small size and only one left, but it gives a clue to what they are worth. The few second hand ones that I have seen are around the £150 mark
If I was looking to spend £500 on a tourer I would be looking for a second hand Dawes Galaxy, or a Hewitt. Before anyone jumps in and says they have shot up in price for new ones, I know, but you do see them for this price if you are patient enough to wait.

Top Bottom