Raleigh Sirocco frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Sierra you have
yes it will be interesting to see although the Sierra is on sprint and tubs which reduce the weight quite a bit and this on cheap 28c's must admit tempted to swap some better tyres on to it , once i have ridden it i will report back .

must admit i am sucker for the golden arrow groupset it looks nice and feels good normally so lets hope this one is the same .

OP
OP
mikeymustard
yes it will be interesting to see although the Sierra is on sprint and tubs which reduce the weight quite a bit and this on cheap 28c's must admit tempted to swap some better tyres on to it , once i have ridden it i will report back .
Shouldn't that be 20c if it's completely original? Somebody got as far as putting fat tyres on it then. Get'em off and give it the tyres it deserves!
must admit i am sucker for the golden arrow groupset it looks nice and feels good normally so lets hope this one is the same .
One of the best looking shimano sets (really like the rx100 silver version too). I did look for some golden arrow derailleurs but decided to go with what I had.
Look forward to your reporting, mine's probably not gonna be rideable for another week or two

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@mikeymustard seller changed tyres to sell it as original ones were sh@>>{~ so put 700 x 28c's on to sell it a , and they are a make i have never even heard off so agree re tyres.

And the brooks professional was his saddle from years before so not totally original but very very close

OP
OP
mikeymustard
@mikeymustard i will struggle to say now as somebody came to look at the Sierra this afternoon he caught a glimpse of the Scirocco and walked away with that instead of the Sierra

I didnt even get to ride it
Well it won on desirability anyway! I'll have to get mine on the road quicker now, soon as I get back from Wales I shall have to get going on finishing it

OP
OP
mikeymustard
And here it is [mostly] finished - rideable now anyway! I still need to service the rear wheel that matches the front and put a hyperglide freehub on it, so it's currently got a cheap wheel with a 7 speed screw-on . The rear is indexed. Brakes are rx100 super slr (dual pivot) so it stops on a sixpence. It's also got modern pedals on it for the moment.
I've only ridden it up and down the road so far.
IMAG0128_zpsuxtioczj.jpg

IMAG0129_zps5hdwm2av.jpg

Top Bottom