Randle-d!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems that Wayne's still dishing the pain out!
100 miles, over the Humber Bridge, & back
'No Prisoners'!

http://www.planetx.co.uk/news/events/q/date/2016/02/10/out-on-the-road-with-wayne-part-1

Those thighs, still scary!!
http://www.planetx.co.uk/news/events/q/date/2016/02/08/wayne-randle-planet-x-non-sportive-bike-rides

There's a telling comment about him, elsewhere on the Planet X site

Wayne Randle
The northern legend of the team who has been associated with Planet X for what seems like forever.
Too many tales of ultimate hardness to list but there's a scattering of bodies and former cyclists all over South Yorkshire that have been forced to rethink their cycling careers after suffering extreme bouts of Randleism.
As Steve Farrell the former top road rider famously reported when asked who was the best ever roadie
"Its got to be Randle his legs are carved out of granite and he's evil looking
When he accelerates its like being behind a Porsche and you know you're in for some pain.
He's as hard as nails and he's me and my mums hero".

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My mate used to go out with them in the early days. Wayne was a nutter (still is) and add in Mark Lovatt to that !

Venod

Eh up
He still sometimes goes out on the Tuesday and Thursday rides 9:30 from Womersley Bustop but be prepared for some suffering if you want to hang on.
I went once last year and got dropped.

He still sometimes goes out on the Tuesday and Thursday rides 9:30 from Womersley Bustop but be prepared for some suffering if you want to hang on.
I went once last year and got dropped.
I've spoken with him a few times, at 'LBS', but not been out

I know a few who used to, & despite being Cat 1's at the time, they all suffered

Oddly, he looks so benign, off the bike (even when on, it, & at rest)

The 2009 'Boggle Hole' sportive

Boggle Hole. 1.jpg Boggle Hole. 2.jpg Boggle Hole. 3.jpg Boggle Hole. 4.jpg Boggle Hole. 5.jpg Boggle Hole. 6.jpg

Venod

Eh up
When I rode with Featherstone in the early 80's he used to come on the club runs & chaingang sometimes, a bit of a beast, we did circuit training in the gym at Fev High School, he wasn't keen on that, he didn't like the shuttle runs, although only a young lad he had massive thighs, he has slimmed down a bit as he has got older.

Top Bottom