rant....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

Just another rant, which you can all ignore.

Do people have no brains? Are they stupid, ignorant. As you may have noticed the nights are getting darker earlier, so much so that the camera hardly picks up anything, which is a shame as someone opened a door on me the last week and it didn’t really come out.

Anyway, back to the rant and it being dark out. Thick as two short planks some people. The towpath in particular, but a lot of areas, have no street lighting and as it is over hung with trees and high walls, it makes the cycle lane very dark, especially at 19.30. So why on earth are there still cyclists out there with no lights or any kind of reflective or even light coloured clothing? That’s not my main bit, joggers!!!! the bain of my life! Same goes for them, you’re happily cycling along trying to take in as much information from the low light and there are people running towards you wearing black! Oh boy! You can’t see them at all, don’t people think about being seen? It’s so dangerous. Once off the towpath they will be on roads etc and then end up in A&E.

Hmmmm the rant didn’t flow as well as it did last night. Anyway fools, get some lights and reflective clothing

TWBNK

Makes no bloody difference. Last night on the way home I got left hooked, and then just as I had finished my self-gratification artist gesticulation some one pulled out from the other side of the road across my path.

Two front lights, two back lights, a good road position, a BS reflective jacket and lit roads. And there was still some sunlight left.

It may have actually been safer for me last year before I bought my lights and I would ride far more defensively because I knew I wouldn't be seen as opposed to thinking that I should easily be seen and riding more assertively.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

bllody hell. Not a good journy home then.

thing is on the towpath, even if your not cycling fast, because you cant see the joggers, your right on top of them before you can react. ah well, time to get on my bike now

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

lol i am going slowly as i know there are these people out there wth no common sense. I even had a fat guy on a bike overtake me lol

Top Bottom