Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
It is a bit windy in Central Scotland today... I have to confess that I left the bike at home and look the bus to connect with the train. I am glad I have this option. So, now we have an internal email that says...
"Due to the severe weather that has been forecast, please check <this website> for travel updates"

Now, what do you think that website is? Guess, what, it's Traffic Scotland. What about those of us who don't travel by car???

And breathe...

(To be fair, I did manage to link to some train information from the Traffic Scotland site. Unlike First Scotrail, whose site appears to have been crashed by the volume of traffic (sorry) looking for updates...)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It will still affect your bus, and I believe some trains have been cancelled !

Mad at urage

A couple of decades ago there were strong winds in the south. Bits were blowing off the roof of the office building I then worked in and the management decided to send everyone home to "reduce the chances of injury". All the car drivers had to walk through the car park where the pieces off the roof were landing (chunks of metal roofing, the occasional metal bar). I (as the lone cyclist in the building in those far-off days) was not allowed to go to where I'd locked my bicycle (under the building) as "cycling in this wind is too dangerous" (as if those drivers were any judge of the situation). I had to go home by train. :angry:

It took me five and a half s@dd\ng hours to travel 16 miles :angry: , with cancellations, diversions etc caused by debris on the line and a couple of derailments. Cycling would have been so much quicker and (probably, given the debris-strewn stations I had to wait in) safer.

OP
OP
fimm

fimm

Veteran
Mad@urage, that would really, really, really annoy me. OK, I've chosen not to bring my bike today, but that is my choice. For someone else to insist that they know better than I do - that would make me very angry.

400bhp

Guru
Mad@urage, that would really, really, really annoy me. OK, I've chosen not to bring my bike today, but that is my choice. For someone else to insist that they know better than I do - that would make me very angry.

Completely agree and I can't think of an example where someone can stop you cycling?

Top Bottom